Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigun

Hi I am hoping someone can help me please.
I am a 58 year old from the north east who has had mental health problems ( conic depression). For the past 3 years but am starting to get better I was an electrician since I left school. But I need to get back into a good place. I have just been offered a place on an HND electronics course and have been offered a job on completion.
Because of my condition I am doing the course by distance learning and that is the problem the course provides components etc but not test equipment.
I have multi meters and a couple of power supply's but I am looking to buy an oscilloscope and a signal generator. One of the tutors said try eBay but a lot of the stuff on there they say turns on but not tested.
So if any one can help me please contact me I don't have a lot of cash but enough I hope
The stuff has to be suitable for digital and analog circuits , logic gates and microprocessors
If any of you are into photography I have around 40 books mainly of different old photographers work and the history of photography .
I also have a Shimano 16meter beast master pole with lots of accessories that has been hardly used if you are into fishing.
Thank you for reading this
Al

I got my last scope on e-bay, but I got lucky. My olf 465 got damaged in a move and I found life hard without it. I looked and looked and finally found another 465 locally. Went over and had a look. $50 which I thought was a deal. So now I have my scope again and a set of spares. ;)

Welcome, bigun.

Take a look at this scope for $80USD.

I've had one for a year and I'm very pleased with it. Not good for much above 1MHz, but compared to my old Textronix (which died and needed $100 in parts) it's incredible.

It charges off a USB port. The "signal generator" listed as part of the scope is a simple, variable square wave only 1Hz to 2KHz output, really meant for calibration.

There are others like this one (dual or quad trace, etc.) that cost more with higher frequency ratings.

If this particular offering is gone, just goggle "DSO Nano201".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back