Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

anand.karan

hi

i am pretty new to this field so i dont have much of experience. i am trying to make a robot which points to the north as soon as i switch on the power & then it moves to the direction given by the user. the problem i am facing is how to determine the current positon of the robot i.e. how to find the direction the robot is facing currently. also how do i know where is the geographical north & also i have to tell the robot the north & the next direction.

i was thinking of using a microcontroller to store the necessary code & monitor the inputs & the outputs.

hoping for a favorable response.
thanx

K a R a N

to get those north posisions use a compas(digital or mechanical) if using a mechanical, put a irsensor under the place where north should be and when it shows north you get an impuls for your pic(or whatever you are using)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back