Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed with wired speakers to become wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterKevin

Hello,

I am posting this under the Electronic Projects and Design/Ideas as I am looking out for help on both the design and Ideas on my issue -

I am from India and have a Home Theater sound system - basically a 4.1 one with bluetooth.
Manufacturer and Model: Frontech JIL 3996

Now here is the problem -

I want to remove the wires from the speakers. But I have no clue about what would be good affordable solution - A Blue Tooth Transmitter and a Blue Tooth Receiver or any thing else.

As there are 4 speakers, I know I have to opt for 4 pairs of any sender and receiver. But I am unable to decide. My searches for BlueTooth Transmitters and Receivers have made me realize that the transmitters are expensive. But there is no available device (at least in the Indian market I know) that can help me with a ready made solution.

I am looking out for any help that the people out here on the forum can provide - including creating my own bluetooth transmitter and receiver, if someone can tell me where to find the circuit.

It might also be worth mentioning, I am no electronic literate. I merely know the names of the components like resistors, capacitors etc, and how to solder them onto the PCB or even place them on the Breadboards. So even the word hobbyist does not go with me (as far as electronics is concerned). But I am interested to learn and make. And this is one of the reasons I have signed up here on this forum.

Looking forward for some helpful ideas.

You first need to consider exactly what it means - 'wireless' speakers are actually no such thing (except for small battery powered ones).

Each speaker will need it's own amplifier, and some kind of radio link from the main amplifier (who's internal amplifiers will no longer be used).

'Generally' the only 'wireless' ones are the rears and these usually have one with an amplifier in (so needs a mains lead) and the second wired across to the amplifier in that one. Doing that you could do the radio part with the simple BlueTooth modules freely available from China.

'Generally' the only 'wireless' ones are the rears and these usually have one with an amplifier in (so needs a mains lead) and the second wired across to the amplifier in that one. Doing that you could do the radio part with the simple BlueTooth modules freely available from China.

I got you.

The ones that came in with the set, do not need to be wired. So I believe that these do not have any amplifier on the individual speaker. The output wire that connects these speakers come in from an in built amplifier hosted in the box along with the woofer.

On another thought, though this will only complicate matters, I found that there are some bluetooth which comes attached to a small amplifier. So I would like to ask (though it seems highly illogical to) - As the output to the speaker is already amplified, how about transmitting this output via some normal bluetooth transmitter and then connecting those speakers to those bluetooth with the amplifier? After all, sound signals would need to be collected and then boosted up so that the amplifier can play. Also, if this is a possible solution, I understand, I still will have to tweak those amplifiers to match the prescribed / mentioned limits for those speakers.

So let me understand this...
you want to broadcast power to each speaker AND broadcast the audio signal that should be played?

you want to broadcast power to each speaker AND broadcast the audio signal that should be played?

This is how the connections are at the moment.
original.jpg

And this is ideally how I would like things to be -
proposed.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back