Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help Needed with Momentary Switching 4017

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBozo

Hi...I'm a newbie on the forum and need help with a circuit I have for switching video inputs. The circuit is unstable so I was thinking that I need to debounce my momentary switch. I have read lots of google items and various forums and simulated the circuit on Circuit Wizard but need some genius practical help. Do I use a 40106 or a 4093 to debounce the switch input and where do I install either of these onto the diagram ??.

Attachments

• 4017 with switch.JPG
    4017 with switch.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 280
I recommend the Schmitt trigger method of debouncing. Requires a few extra parts, but it's pretty bulletproof.

Thanks....you say a few extra bits, could I not just use the input of the schmitt onto the Switch, Resistor and Capacitor side with the Schmitt output onto pin 14 of the 4017 ??

Thanks.

I recommend the Schmitt trigger method of debouncing. Requires a few extra parts, but it's pretty bulletproof.

Thanks....you say a few extra bits, could I not just use the input of the schmitt onto the Switch, Resistor and Capacitor side with the Schmitt output onto pin 14 of the 4017 ??
Yes just like in the page I linked to. Swicth, Resister/cap, Schmitt trigger to 4017.
Andy

Well I have now put a 40106 in between pin 14 of the 4017 and the switch. It seems to work ok but still jumps switch presses a few times wondering if I should replace the 1uF with a 47uF to slow the voltage drop. On another point the output of the 4017 feeds a cd4052 Mux. Now when I measure voltages or highs across A and B each switch press gives the correct truth table for the 4052 but the video inputs via RCA onto x0, x1 and x3 don't output onto x. Is there anything else I need to do to display video output from x ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back