Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed with Bus door control circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfrog

Hi, my first post and requesting help.

I am rebuilding the passenger door mechanism on a Mercedes 609D bus.
I have rebuilt the door rams and motor, which work fine. If directly hook up the 24v motor then it turns one way and the doors open. If I then switch the polarity, then the motor turns the other way and the doors close.

There is a micro switch on the door rams that opens when the door is fully closed, and another which opens when the door is fully open. The micro switches are not currently connected to anything.

There are various push buttons inside and outside the bus for opening and closing the door. The buttons are push to make contact, and break contact as soon as you let go of them. I am presuming that when an open button is pushed and released that the door should open completely without having to hold the button down the whole time. I'm assuming the same for the close buttons too.

The original circuit board was still in place. Partly wired in.

It is a FKI Peters Bradbury - 065-302-A4 Issue 2.

I'be tried to understand how it works and how to wire it back in, but I'm pretty inexperienced and despite spending some time scratching my head over it, I have yet to work out what needs doing.

This is what the circuit looks like

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Here is how it was wired in before I removed it to investigate how it works
(There were no wires doing to right hand connection block, not shown)
**broken link removed**

Here is what those wires did. Although I am not 100% on 10 and 11
**broken link removed**

Here is my strange diagram of what connects to what on the circuit, which I made by poking around with a continuity tester.
**broken link removed**

Any help would be massively appreciated!

Thanks for your time.

Jason

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back