Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help needed with 8255 based design

Status
Not open for further replies.

vik1501

Can somebody solve this problem.

I am using 8255 in mode 0 ( all outputs latched) and connected bi-directional buffer 74LS245 at the output port A of 8255.

74LS245 is enabled by connecting pin 19 to ground. Also I set pin 1 at grd so that it is in B to A direction. Plz note 8255 port is connected to 'B' of LS245.

When I try to latch data #0ffh using uP to port A of 8255 , an unusual thins happens. The output pins of port A show voltage level @ 1.25V at all the pins. However when I remove 74LS245 and again start the program, the voltage level is @ 4.00V.

Is this a compatibility problem. How so I solve this ? :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back