Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed to identify an IC and function

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wuff

Hi,

I am desperately trying to identify a 16 pin IC but all sources to date have failed. Under time pressure to complete my analysis.!!

Please see attached photo of the Topside markings.

Only info I have is that it is linked to a speed sensor in a truck gearbox. I need the manufacturer's name or the data sheet.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

hi Wuff,
I do not see your photo.?
E

hi Wuff,
I do not see your photo.?
E
Sorry, link did not upload, lets try again but to be safe here are the Topside markings.

WISB-OAA

1226 LJT

Attachments

• WISB-OAA chip.doc
    53.5 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
tried to look up the info you provided on google..but couldn't find any matching results..maybe u can get the ic details from the circuit that used the ic..

Hi Ziddek,

I have already checked the Internet, Google, Find chips.com, Alibaba in China... all results negative..

I have two identical chips next to each other, both located next to the main IC.

Info available is the chip receives the imput as a Induction reading. The power is reduced by a Choke in the sensor until it reaches a pre-determined level.

The purpose of the chip is to determine the position of the gear selector actuator and also includes a temperature compansation function.

If anybody can offer a chip with a similar function that would help tremendously.

Last edited:
Many companies hide what they are doing.
"House numbers" are common. I have HP test equipment with HP numbers for standard parts.
There are custom parts that are only available to the company that designed the part.
Most companies do not want their equipment fixed by you.
Many companies do not publish schematics, bill of materiel, repair manuals or theory of operations.
You are in the dark because someone wants you to be in the dark.

Based on your description and some of the markings, I would say that a possibility is that it is a MAXIM (or equivilent) 5132. See the data sheet here:
https://www.maximintegrated.com/datasheet/index.mvp/id/2003
Check to see if the 2 parts have the same common SCLK and DIN pins by ohming them out. That and the correct location for analog grounds and the like can go a long way to confirm or deny this.

-JimW

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back