Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help needed regarding "travel touch alarm"

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrintech

friends,

i need your urgent help

i am preparing a project on "Travel touch alarm" whose ckt. diagram is given below:

**broken link removed**

the main problem is that i am not getting "500 primary / 8 secondary ourput tranformer" in the market....

so as per ckt diagram pls suggest any alternate solution

or

simply suggest any replacement

- with best wishes and please reply soon

I do not see how your circuit works:
1) The touch plate is connected to the +9V supply, so the 555 will not be triggered.
2) The output high voltage of the 555 is 7.7V. The output high voltage of the unijunction transistor is about 7.0V. So the power into the transformer is only 25mW and the speaker's power will be a little less so it might not be heard.

Fix the 555 circuit so it can be triggered. If a touch plate is connected to pin 2 and another touch olate is connected to 0V then the 555 might be triggered if you touch both plates with damp hands.

The transformer reduces the power to the speaker. Use a little power amplifier like an LM386 to drive the speaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back