Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichyG

I have planned to do a circuit for a project at college which acts as a timer,

The circuit I wish to make has 6 LED's which light up sequintially after 10 seconds for each LED, when all 6 LED's have been activated I wish for them to reset and light 1 of a further 5 LED's which count minutes. (up to 5 minutes obviously) my tutors are terrible and are seriously no help whatsoever. any help on the matter would be really appreciated, I dont expect a full runthrew of how to complete this project but I definatly need some guidance. I will probably fit a piezo sounder after the 5 minutes are counted.

Sorry if this is quite vague I will elaborate if people have no idea what I am talking about!

Thanks alot,
Richard Golten.

I was thinking along the lines of a crystal oscillator feeding a couple of 4060's to give you a tick tock...and a few ripple counters to give you the required steps for the LED's.

Remember though that when counting using LED's, the sixth LED denoting the seconds, will only be lit for a 1sec period before the roll over...

For extra flashiness, you could add a few diodes, resistors and a couple of transistors built as a multivibrator that gets triggered by the count going past 5 mins, set the resistors to vary the frequency of the multivibrator using a couple of the ripple stages and feed it to a small speaker through a capacitor...then it plays a wee tune of sorts when it's done it's 5 mins

just a thought :)

I'll leave the ingenuity of how to construct it all, in your hands, as it's your college work and not mine ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back