Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP needed- low frequency square wave generator circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

magnetman12003

Hi, I wish to construct a very simple circuit that will allow me to generate a low frequency "SYMMETRICAL" square wave. From about a low of 10Hz to a hi of 150 HZ. Thats right HZ. I should be able to vary the low frequency and stop it at any between frequency.

The output amplitude from this circuit must be as hi as possible- better than a 4-16 volt range. This circuit will be connected to a inductive ( coil) load of 80 ohms

All help appreciated. Any recomendations?

Tom

A 555 circuit might be symmetrical enough for the application without a 4013.

Need also a frequency control knob. And some mosfets to drive the 80 ohm load. And some diodes.

I don't see any need for a 555.

Configure one half of the CD4013 as an astable multivibrator and the other half as a divide by two counter.

I don't see any need for a 555.

Configure one half of the CD4013 as an astable multivibrator and the other half as a divide by two counter.

How do I go about doing this? I can read and construct electronic circuits but have no idea as to desiging them. Need a blueprint schematic and parts list to follow.

Thanks, Tom

The CD4013 can be used as either an RS flip-flop or D-type flip-flop.

An RS flip-flop can be used to build an oscillator circuit known as an astable multivibrator (look it up on Google). The problem is the duty cycle will vary if only one of the resistors is varied. To get round thist problem the other half can be configured as a D-type flip-flop which will produce a 50% duty cycle at half the frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back