Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed in making a RF tx - rx Pair

Status
Not open for further replies.

pateljayam

Hello friends,
i want to make a simple transmitter receiver pair which works on rf signals.
the circuit i desire has to be low powered.... say around 3-5V and also the cost should be low.

I have already made a pair using an ASK modules which are available in the market, but the power drainage in the ideal condition is very high.
I dont mine if the transmitter requires high power just i want my transmitter to as thin as possible for which i want to use a normal button cell battery CR 2032.

Also if anyone knows how to reduce the voltage drain please suggest me a solution.

Please help me out!!!!

it would be helpful if you gave some details such as:
1 what is this being used for
2 what environment is it working in (indoors, outdoors, home, industrial)
3 required range in km or miles (or feet or meters)
4 what type of signals, analog, digital, audio, control signals????
5 what frequency band(s)... makes a difference in Line of sight, non-line of sight, through walls, foliage, etc...

we can only give answers as vague as the questions.
"I'm sorry Detective. My responses are limited. You must first ask the right questions."

sorry! am new to this. :D
i want to use the pair for a normal communication between two stations located at a distance of aprx 30mt.
most the application is indoor
frequency band of the communication is not a priority it can be anything except FM.

Mainly i want to setup a one way communication between a transmitting station which would send a stress signal to the receiver module. what is tried was using an ASK rf module which can help me setup link and the encoding decoding was done using HT12d/e IC.
now the problem i was facing that the receiver side showed a large amount of voltage drop. i want to keep the receiver as sleek as possible.
My transmitter works on 9V battery which is not an issue but the receiver using the same battery is an issue for me.

I dont even mine having an alernate solution which donnot contain any kind of IC or Modules.

so this a doorbell circuit using a simple data stream. you could make a simple OOK (on-off keying, similar concept to CW communications) the encoder would feed a data stream that would key the transmitter on and off. the receiver would be a simple AM detector that would output the data to an amplifier and clamp, the output would be a copy of the original data stream. ASK is amplitude shift keying, which is very similar, but the transmitter never turns off completely during the data transmission. actually ASK has a bit of an advantage, because the presence of a carrier from the transmitter can be used to "wake up" an idling receiver. the receiver while idling or "sleeping" would use less idle current. the presence of a carrier could switch on power for the decoding circuit. this would reduce the drain on the battery. as for powering it with a single coin cell, a coin cell is 3V, and the minimum for the HT12 chip is 2.4V. that doesn't leave a whole lot of battery voltage headroom for power sequencing devices..

thanks for the reply!

the receiver while idling or "sleeping" would use less idle current. the presence of a carrier could switch on power for the decoding circuit. this would reduce the drain on the battery

as u said that the power drainage in the idle mood or sleep mode would be less, but is it possible to reduce the drainage to the least level.
for example during practical testing what i found was that even in the idle mode the battery is drained. which i dont want
so can a parallel circuit be used which can reduce the leakage

or for an alternative solution i found some circuit working with pic12f509 which has a less power drainage as compared to the HT12d/e pairs
so wat do u think about that?

you need the receiver on all the time in some way, otherwise how will it know there's a signal to receive in the first place? exactly what is this for? usually with a doorbell, the receiver is operating from an external power source anyway, such as a power supply connected to house wiring. the battery power constraints are usually on the transmit side.

thats what i want to do. i want to make a low voltage receiver so the need of connecting the bell with the AC supply is not required.
still havnt attained any success in reducing the power drain

the bell is going to require power, a lot more than the receiver. to make sound, you have to move air, and that needs much more power.

"simple buzzer"?....... these generally use loads of current.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back