Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP Needed in Audio Amp Design... Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoor

I study in Level 3 Electronics Engineering. Looking forward to get my BS'c Degree..
We are having this module called "Electronic Design-1" this semester...
And the major assignment is An Audio Amplifier...

I attached the Assignment question paper in the PDF file…
And all the calculation I did to get the values of the resistors and capacitors…
The tutor said that they seem to be right…

I need help, to get the right procedure to calculate the values and do the simulation to get the closest values comparing between the theoretical and the hardware design which I have to do only for the cascade amplifier, hardware fabrication is not needed for the Power amplifier section…

Also i attached what I have drawn in Orcad 10.5...

I want some1 to help me getting the values of the R1, R2, R3, R4, RE1, RC and RL. The tutor told me that RL will be same as R in Base of the Power Amplifier…
I hope I can get help here…. Thanks…

I will Appreciate it so much for the one who will help me...

I attached the assignment paper, the calculation I did, the diagram of the amplifier (CE & CB), and also I attached a similar problem he gave us in the class…
And this is My MSN Messenger... Who wants to help me, add me and ill explain more... Smo0or@hotmail.com

Attachments

• SamAss01.pdf
    179.9 KB · Views: 183
  • SamAss02.pdf
    559 KB · Views: 161
  • Orcad.jpg
    Orcad.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 380
I hope level 3 is the entry year? - this simple cascode amplifier is more school work than university work?.

One quick hint for you - think about the collector voltage on the bottom transistor - do you think it being LESS than it's base is a good idea?.

Your assignment is posted here too??

I reduced the enormous size of your schematic and made construcive comments about the transistors' base voltages on the other website.
Your first document was damaged there and I couldn't open it. Here it shows a microphone with a whopping high output of 220mV RMS.

Do Arabs scream that loud??

Attachments

• Cascade amplifier.PNG
    Cascade amplifier.PNG
    150.4 KB · Views: 382
Nigel Goodwin said:
May I just say Audioguru, that's a MUCH better way to draw a cascode amplifier!.
The original ORCAD document is a huge file size because it is covered with dots, and it was saved as a fuzzy JPG file type instead of a very clear GIF or PNG file type.
I don't know why the schematic is so big. I cropped it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back