Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help Needed: getting my British PS2 to work in America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froggie_B

Hi, I recently took my British PS2 to America in order for me and my friends to be able to play Pro Evo 2008 (a soccer game, not avaliable in the U.S. yet). On plugging in my British PS2 into the U.S. socket (I used a simple plug converter I purchased from the airport), there didn't seem to be any response. I turned on the PS2, but there was no indicator there was any power whatsoever.

I'm guessing this is down to the differences in voltage/electricity in the U.S. and U.K. (sorry, I'm really ignorant about the right lingo!). I think in the U.K. we have more powerful electricity, and in the U.S. the power is not enough to turn my PS2 on.

Is there anything I can do to rectify the problem? Maybe some sort of converter I can purchase? I'm sort of hoping this is the problem, and not that the baggage handlers at the airport threw around my suitcase too much!

Is this, for example, the sort of equipment I'd need to purchase? **broken link removed**

Thanks in advance for any responses....

Last edited:
Maybe try looking on the PS2 for the power requirements. I'm pretty sure mine will take 100-240V so I just need an adapter to change the plug style.

Wouldn't the game system be region locked anyway and not function with a US TV? Unless there's a way to change the console or something.

I'm pretty sure it will work with a US TV as there is a setting on the game where you can change it to NTSC or something like that, which I think is the American format.

And I've been informed a RGB cable will work too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back