Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed for school project

Status
Not open for further replies.

tucka20

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum so hi, and am also new to the electronics hobby :)

Basically, I am doing a project at school which involves a moving alarm clock. Basically, it is an alarm clock which, when activated, will run off the table so-to-speak and sound a loud buzzer which will be loud and annoying but, because the alarm clock has run away, you will have to get out of bed to switch it off. The question is, how would I connect **broken link removed** <<< that to a movement circuit. Sorry for a basic newbe question but help is needed. Or if you suggest doing it by another method please state.

Thanks in advance,
Jordan

Lol. :D

You need to build a little robot and stick the clock on its back. Robots aren't my thing though, perhaps Krumlink can help you.

What you need is to find some details on clocky

http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/lights/91f2/

That sound like exactly what your looking for,

For the DIY method, would be probably to connect a transistor in place of the buzzer, and connect it to a microcontroller running a program to control the motors and a bigger siren, or buzzer

Use the transistor to start the program and then let the microcontroller handle the rest

I just found the insides of a clocky
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back