Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed for opamp offsetting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

picstudent

Hello

My input signal is 3.3V to 5 volts.

I need to amplify and offset this to 0 to 5 volts.

3.3V to 5V should be converted to 0 to 5V for ADC.

Is it possible to implement using Opamp(s) with +12V supply. No negative rail.

Thanks

Last edited:
Hello

My input signal is 3.3V to 5 volts.

I need to amplify and offset this to 0 to 5 volts.

3.3V to 5V should be converted to 0 to 5V for ADC.

Is it possible to implement using Opamp(s) with +12V supply. No negative rail.

Thanks

Hi,
Its possible to get within about 10mV close to 0V, using a TLC358 or CA3140 OPA.

EDIT:
Are you asking for circuit diagram.?:)

Last edited:
Are you asking for circuit diagram.?:)

It will be helpfull defenitly, The values I can correct by simulation and trial, But needs an idea How to do this offsetting. The opamp offset voltages I can manage.
Some online resistor calculators seems not working in this values.

Thanks

to get such controle voltage, use a potentiometer. connect first leg to pin 5, center to gnd and last to pin 1 of a lm741 ic. a 5 to 10k potentiometer can do it. I don't know if you have done ths before, then you have done that before you have to try other ics or go googling

It will be helpfull defenitly, The values I can correct by simulation and trial, But needs an idea How to do this offsetting. The opamp offset voltages I can manage.
Some online resistor calculators seems not working in this values.

Thanks

hi,
Have a look at this option, with a CA3140 or TC358 it will get within 10mV or so of 0V , using a single +12V supply.

Note: using a 12v supply means that the output could go higher than +5V while setting up.
To protect the ADC input connect the OPA output to the ADC input via 470R resistor, this will not affect the performance of the ADC.

Attachments

• OPAoffset1.gif
    OPAoffset1.gif
    26.3 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the circuit.
btw Why you use this 4.7V Reference? I have +5V on board. Any consequence if I change by changing resistors suitably. I will try in simulator.

Thanks a lot

Roy Thomas

hello
Thanks for the circuit.
I am using Proteus for simulation. There CA3140 is not showing correct values, but when I replaced op amp with LM358 it gives almost acceptable values in simulation.

Thanks again. I am looking for a Anti aliasing filter circuit also.( Single supply). I will start another thread.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back