Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help Needed for Electric blind circuitry

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim5785

I need help designing a 12v circuit for a dc motor to control an electric blind, it needs to be timer based and two way.

Any help would be much appreciated

James

Sounds like you need a 555 timer and an hbridge for the motor control, you'll probably want to use limit switches unless you carefully chose a motor that won't damage the blinds or itself when it stalls at either end. What part specifically did you need help with?

I need help with all of it, I know very little about electronics. Fortunatly I have a colleague at work who fixes everything and draws lots of circuit diagrams of everything. he said if I get the circuit diagram he could build it for me. I have 4 blinds running on electric motors that I have created pulleys for and fixings. I want to press a button and they will go up for X amount of seconds until it reaches the top. Unless as you say limit switches work better. I dont suppose you could point me in the right direction?

Regards,

James

I would recommend limit switches and a timer, the timer will prevent the blinds/motor from being damaged if the limit switches fail, and the limit switches will generally provide the stop signal to the motors when they're at their set positions. You'll have to provide the information about the motors you have before we can start.

i have three 12v 30 rpm dc motors and one 12v 60rpm dc motor brought off ebay i can provide you with the link if needed

James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back