Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed for detecting the pulse lead and lag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajaneesh

Dear all techies,

I'm feeding two pulses to the MCU which is coming from a rotary wheel pulse generator. This generator gives two pulses with 90 deg lead/ lag depends on the direction of rotation as cited in the attached file.

I have given these pulses A & B to external interrupt to detect the rising or falling edge. It works fine, during normal rotation of the pulse generator. Iam driving a stepper in FRW/ REV direction based on the out put of the controller. If i rotate fast forward and suddenly reverse the pulse generator, the stepper keeps rotate in the same direction. Motor is not changing the direction immediately.

I tried this by feeding these A & B pulses to a D and JKMS flip flop, it works better than the earlier method. But still not accurate.

Can some one suggest me, how to detect the phase lead and Lag between two pulses ?
Is there any chips available to detect the phase shift?

Thanks in advance.....

Attachments

• phase shift.doc
    33 KB · Views: 176
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back