Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed: Arduino Uno LED cube driver circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

drabaecus

To whom it may concern:

Not sure if I have the right channel for this, if not, point me in the right direction.

I'm an ex software dev having a look at how the other half lives - so by no means do I know what I'm doing! Wink

I have thrown together the below circuit and would like feedback from those who know about such things to see where I went wrong, need improvement etc.

Basically, I'm using 5 arduino pins (5 digital 0/1, 2 digital PWM), two 4051 ICs and a 595 shift register to drive a 3x3x3 led cube.

The shift register controls the two 4051 ICs and the three grounding transistors (PN100). I'm using a multiplexing scenario to invoke POV.

There are a few visual artifacts that I'd like to address, the main one being that LEDs on 'drive pin 9' (2nd 4051 IC pin 0) flicker under certain conditions (full cube glow) - this is caused by the switching on and off of the drive pin (two drive pins, one for each 4051 IC) when switching between ICs - or so I believe.

Circuit below (I think its complete, if not, highlight possible omissions and I will review)

**broken link removed**

Hi

I don't think that you have attached the diagram. I can't find any buttons to press to see it.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back