Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help needed about sparking

Status
Not open for further replies.

pranavbansal

hello all,
i am new to this forum and i hope i will be getting all the help i needed from the experts here.my problem is that when ever some one switches on the tube light , there is blinking in my monitor screen and my net gets disconect.this may be due to the sparking in starter or production of spikes.can some one tell me how to make some circuit to solve this problem.i had already tried putting condencer/capacitor in parallel to my coputer supply..hoping for ur expert advice.

may be what i need is surge protector but i am not so sure

Last edited:
What country are you from ?

Firstly check your supply voltage. Should be 230 Volts ± 5%.

Check if the computer is not fed from the same supply fuse as the lights.

In New Zealand the powercircuits have their own MCB's, and the lights are fed from their own MCB's as well.

In some countries they may share the power and light circuits from the same MCB or fuse which could cause the glitch with your computer.

The switch starter on the tube is generating electromagnetic radiation which is being picked up by your monitor and modem and interfering with them.

This kind of probelm is faily common, you can buy special filters to connent in series with the appliance making the noise, but this might be of limited use if it's being radiated rather than conducted.

Another option might be to consider buying an electric starter for your tube, this should solve the worst of your porblems but it isn't a complete fix.

RODALCO said:
What country are you from ?

Firstly check your supply voltage. Should be 230 Volts ± 5%.

Check if the computer is not fed from the same supply fuse as the lights.

In New Zealand the powercircuits have their own MCB's, and the lights are fed from their own MCB's as well.

In some countries they may share the power and light circuits from the same MCB or fuse which could cause the glitch with your computer.

"RODALCO" dear friend u r right computer is being fed from same suppy but i can change it as ts underground wiring.thanks a lot but i do need some circuit to solve this problem.

Hero999 said:
The switch starter on the tube is generating electromagnetic radiation which is being picked up by your monitor and modem and interfering with them.

This kind of probelm is faily common, you can buy special filters to connent in series with the appliance making the noise, but this might be of limited use if it's being radiated rather than conducted.

Another option might be to consider buying an electric starter for your tube, this should solve the worst of your porblems but it isn't a complete fix.

"Hero999" Hey thanks buddy !! but i am from a rural background there that starter is not available and it is bein conducted not radiated,can u plz be specific about starter type.thanks

I think there is a momentary current surge when a fluorescent light starts. Is this a single light fixture or a bank of fixtures at an office? Have you or an electrician checked the wiring to be certain that there are no loose connections? If the switch controls a number of fixtures then a noisy relay could be adding to the problem.

As already suggested, you might be running a very low voltage and the light compounds the problem.

Can you try another outlet in the room? Sometimes they are on different circuit, see if that fixes it. Run an cord to the power strip for a test. But sounds like an electrician can fix it..

Also, a better power supply in the computer. We had laser printers that would reboot PC in the office when they would heat the fuser. Better grade power supplies fixed it, but the best answer saw to move them on there own circuit.

mramos1 said:
Can you try another outlet in the room? Sometimes they are on different circuit, see if that fixes it. Run an cord to the power strip for a test. But sounds like an electrician can fix it..

Also, a better power supply in the computer. We had laser printers that would reboot PC in the office when they would heat the fuser. Better grade power supplies fixed it, but the best answer saw to move them on there own circuit.

thanks but i already took a test, the problem comes only in circuit connected to ups/invertor.plzz suggest some circuit to overcome this problem..

pranavbansal said:
"Hero999" Hey thanks buddy !! but i am from a rural background there that starter is not available and it is bein conducted not radiated,can u plz be specific about starter type.thanks
Have you tried mail order?

You haven't filled in you location either so we've no idea of the suppliers in your area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back