Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP! Need schematic for a single pot plant watering project

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahling83

Hi, i'm currently doing a project on a system that can detect if the soil of the pot plant is dry or not...and if its too dry....the plant will be automatically be watered. Please help me. i need to build up a circuit for this project and i really really need a schematic diagram if anyone has it. THANK YOU!

jbeng said:
In saying "pot plant" I assume (possibly erroneously) that you mean a "potted plant" (or a plant growing in a pot) as opposed to marijuana? :?
Not that it necessarily matters ...
Here's a link to a thread for a moisture sensing circuit:
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/how-to-remove-black-protectant-from-tiny-ics.3555/
And one from Audioguru:
https://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/science/018/index.html
JB

LOL...yeah..what i meant was potted plant...not marijuana... :oops:
Thanks a bunch :D

Hi Ellen Ahling,
You can have an automatic marijuahna watering circuit and hope the cops don't bust you. :lol:

I corrected and improved the original Plants Watering Watcher-1 project because it didn't do what it was supposed to do:
1) I added a capacitor to make it dim its LED when the soil was wet.
2) I used a 74HC IC because the original Cmos IC failed when the battery voltage dropped below 3V.
3) I added a transistor to drive the LED brightly.
4) I added a low-frequency oscillator to pulse the LED to allow the battery to last for a long time.

Your application doesn't need any of these fixes and the original circuit should work fine when modified. The original circuit is here:
https://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/science/008/index.html
I modified its schematic for you but haven't tried it:

Attachments

• automatic_watering_circuit.png
    automatic_watering_circuit.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 1,055
**broken link removed**

Hi audioguru,

was wondering... what is the Relay you're referring to? and what type of water pump do you suggest that i should use. i noticed that the LED is missing in the picture. :shock: Thanks

Hi Ellen,
I put an LED back into the circuit for you.
Select a water pump to water your pot plant, oops, I mean potted plant that is powered from the mains perhaps designed for a fish aquarium.

I couldn't find a 6V relay so I changed the supply and relay rating to 12V.
Down Under, Farnell has an Omron G6D-1A, 250VAC 1A contacts, 12V relay that is suitable.

Attachments

• automatic_watering_circuit-2.png
    automatic_watering_circuit-2.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 1,062
Hi Ellen,
As per your instant message, here is a complete circuit that I think will work if you set the pot to about 100k. :lol:

Attachments

• automatic_watering_circuit-3.png
    automatic_watering_circuit-3.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 704
plz give me some support about the modified plant watering watcher
1. why u use 6v dc source?
2. why u use 6v as vdd supply voltage?
3. what is the value of pin # 9 in the circiut for IC1C ?
4. is IC1A connection can taken as NOT gate?

This post is over 6 years old!
You should have started your own and linked to this one.
Luckly for you audioguru is still around and may help.

Sure as AG's unofficial agent the fee is $50 per min plus 25% commission fee for me. OR you could try again and explain why etc etc etc

Oh and its 9 years old! nearly as old as me!!:confused: why did you think the original author would still be around? He is but why did you think that after 9 years??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back