Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help need in analog circuit design to get phase and amplitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

veerubiji

Hi,
I am generating sine signal with 125 KHz using micro controller and giving it to Capacitive(cylindrical shape) sensor. If the sensor out is low to read then i am using two amplification stages to increase signal amplitude. I am using multiplexer to select best signal from sensor out. The out signal also 125 KHz but there is a phase shift in the signal based on medium between electrodes.

Now I want to calculate phase shift between two signals(vg and vr) as well as both signal amplitude. I am confusing which circuit will gives max amplitude of both signals and phase shift between two signals? I am able to read phase shift and amplitude of both signals using micro controller. I can use ADC to read amplitudes but i am worrying about phase shift.?

I am attaching simple block diagram of my circuit as shown below.View attachment 68903

Any suggestions which circuit will gives phase shift as well as amplitude of input and output?

Last edited:
I think you should be seeking algorithms on how to do the phase/amplitude comparison to the driving signal. You probably want to digitize both the driving voltage, and an amplified signal from the sensor. The amplitude should be expressed as a ratio to the driving amplitude. The phase should be expressed relative to the driving voltage.

I think you should be seeking algorithms on how to do the phase/amplitude comparison to the driving signal. You probably want to digitize both the driving voltage, and an amplified signal from the sensor. The amplitude should be expressed as a ratio to the driving amplitude. The phase should be expressed relative to the driving voltage.

Algorithm or any hardware that i can measure phase shift between two signals. I want to measure amplitudes of the signals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back