Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help need circuit diagram electro shock chair used in magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

syoung4

I am trying to build a chair that gives a mild electric shock when sat on for my daughters boyfried who does magic shows.

Does anyone know how this can be done or if a circuit is available.

Re: Help need circuit diagram electro shock chair used in ma

syoung4 said:
I am trying to build a chair that gives a mild electric shock when sat on for my daughters boyfried who does magic shows.

Google for it man!

Found this:

**broken link removed**

This one is a one time zap by throwing a switch.

The general priciple will likely be based on a step up transformer providing a high voltage at low current levels. It is generally accepted that these kinds of devices are relatively safe to use.

You will probably want something similar but with the primary driven continously instead of a one time switch throw. This can be done with some additional circuitry.
Like this one:

http://www.amazing1.com/shocking_electric_modules.htm

You can probably just buy that module and rig it up to a chair. The modification will be to use contact plates or something similar so that it only turns on when someone sits in the chair or otherwise triggered remotely.. thats up to you... it's all very do-able.

Re: Help need circuit diagram electro shock chair used in ma

syoung4 said:

you can try a low power inverter circuit (those that aere used for powering night lamps)..very easy to build, equire a free running oscillator for switching and a transformer..

Thank you very much for the information I cant beleive how fast you replied.

I did'nt know where to start with this project.
The diagram looks good in the first link I think I will start with that. The second says that the devices are for animals and could be dangerous for human contact. But I dont know if I can reduce the 2000 volt voltage.

If I could get the circuit going I will need a radio link like a hand set to increase or decrease the voltage and also to switch the chair on and off from a distance.

best regards,

Sid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back