Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

adax811

i got 1 capacitor and i forgot how to translate it's code to value.

here is the code: 470140 v5.

pls replay me asap. thx

That seems too long for a capacitor code. . . It should only be 3 digits with or without a letter to indicate the tolerance. 470= 47 pico Farads 140= 14 pico Farads. I'd say it's more likely to be 47 pF.
the first 2 digits are the value, and the third is the miltiplier. ie 470 47 is the value, and multiply by 10 to the power of 0 (0 being the third digit) this gives the value in pico Farads.

If you want a capacitor code calculator, you can download 'electronics assistant' from www.electronics2000.co.uk
It does other calculations for you too (resistance, power, ohm's law etc)

also try looking here for a better explanation of capacitor codes: https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/capacitor-codes.21102/

Last edited:
Just post the picture here. . . all you do is click post reply, then scroll down to where it says manage attatchments. click this, then where it says upload from you computer click browse. select your pic, then click upload. scroll down and select close this window. then click submit reply.

capacitor.jpg

izzit the code is 470 | 40 or 470140

mean 47p farad and 40 volt or 47p farad and 140 volt?

or other?

yep, that's what it looks like to me. Definitely electrolytic too

As Nigel said, this is definitely an electrolytic capacitor (you can tell by the + symbol on the top, this indicates the positive lead.) And looking at the markings on the top, it's a 470:mu:F 40V. If it's one you're going to replace, replace it with equal or higher voltage rating. . .

fingaz said:
As Nigel said, this is definitely an electrolytic capacitor (you can tell by the + symbol on the top, this indicates the positive lead.) And looking at the markings on the top, it's a 470:mu:F 40V. If it's one you're going to replace, replace it with equal or higher voltage rating. . .

Yes, there's no doubt or confusion possible, it's VERY clearly marked as 470uF 40V.

It looks like quite an old capacitor to me. How old is the appliance you removed it from?

1 more question.

i got another old version capacitor.

now the code is 4,7/63.

is it the value 4.7picoF and 63V?

Hmmm, I wouldn't bother with those old electrolytics - they may be fine but electrolytics don't last for ever.

Is it 47uF? or 4.7uF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back