Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edmond

Hi !

Can anyone help me? I am repairing a medical lamp. I have two sets. One of them is working properly, but the other one not. The lamp is fed from a digital controlled SMPS. The power supply isn’t work. I found a component, which differs in the two sets. A good one has a resistance of 4 OHM and the “bed” has 110 OHM. If I reverse them, then the fault is still reversing. So, the good one will be the faulty and the wrong will work. In other words the fault is caused by this component.

What is this?

Attachments

• what_is_this.jpg
    what_is_this.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 1,492
I don't know what a varistor is or does, but that looks like a varistor right there. I know this was a wealth of information, but it's a start. :p

No silly, it's a rabbit with a pancake on its head! :D

The devices my be resetable fuses. I have a few by a company Named Raycem, and they have symbol on them just like the one on the left picture that has 60 and X017. The symbol looks like a wide V and a V inverted and superimposed. Looking the the Mouser cataloge on page 395 the closest I find is an RXE017. But this is only a guess as to what the devices are.

Hi,

That looks like a MOV, metal oxide veristor. If the circuit goes over voltage this component will go short circuit permently. The idea being that you blow the power supply rather than the equipment it powers.

Removing this item completely your supply should work although it will be without overvoltage protection. If you wish to replace buy one rated above the supply voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back