Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help me with this circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashparalikar

the shown diagram i have used as current to voltage converter in the case of photodiode. pin 1 corresponds to cathode of photodiode and pin 2 corresponds to anode which is grounded.

i am using INA128... please help me about the working how the current is converted to voltage in this case...

Attachments

• ina128.JPG
    ina128.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 710
The INA128 is a differential input instrumentation amplifier. It is designed to amplify a small voltage difference applied to pins 2 and 3. It is not designed to act as a "current amplifier" for a current injected into one of the inputs.

The photo diode should be connected cathode to +12V, anode to a resistor the other end of which is grounded. Connect pin 2 of the INA to the anode of the photodiode.

This way, the reverse leakage of the photodiode is modulated by incident light, and this current creates a small voltage across the resistor. This small voltage is amplified by the INA.

The second way to use a photo-diode is when it has no bias voltage. Then it generates a tiny current the same as a solar cell. Since it has no bias voltage then it has no "dark current" and it capacitance is higher therefore its response is slower than the reversed-biased way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back