Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me with my project please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

shirai0214

my professor told me that i should build up a charger that have a smooth dc output of 5v and have a resistor of 3900ohms, which is my class number... i was planning to put a bridge type connections, then a single resistor and a capacitor and a voltage regulator... but i have no schematics of a charger, and i'm still noob on making a my own schematic diagram:(

can anyone help me?? please:(

A battery charger or a power supply?

Cell phones have the charger circuit inside. All you need is a 5V power supply.
Google has links to thousands of them that are simple and are the same.

But are you supposed to design your own power supply instead of copying one that was designed by somebody else?
Aren't you supposed to learn how to design and to make schematics?

1. Use an LM7805, which doesn't need a resistor
2. Glue a 3900Ω resistor to the side
3. Done

Cell phones have the charger circuit inside. All you need is a 5V power supply.
Google has links to thousands of them that are simple and are the same.

But are you supposed to design your own power supply instead of copying one that was designed by somebody else?
Aren't you supposed to learn how to design and to make schematics?

i supposed i have to learn how to design, but my professor is some kind of a ***** which does'nt teach us anything in our circuit laboratory....

but thanks anyway:D

Most professors nowadays don't teach anything. They should be fired and replaced by people who want to and who like to teach.
I had some professors who "no speeky zee English". They were absolutely useless as teachers. I taught them a thing or two.

Most professors nowadays don't teach anything. They should be fired and replaced by people who want to and who like to teach.
I had some professors who "no speeky zee English". They were absolutely useless as teachers. I taught them a thing or two.

that's true, though my professor is very intelligent, she does'nt teach us anything...

i barely know how to use oscilloscope, or make my own design, which is why i'm in need of help, most of the schematics i found is not really what i put on my bread board...:confused:

that's true, though my professor is very intelligent, she does'nt teach us anything...

i barely know how to use oscilloscope, or make my own design, which is why i'm in need of help, most of the schematics i found is not really what i put on my bread board...:confused:

Are you from India?......because I am getting the impression that your education system really sucks!:D

The intermittant contacts and very high stray capacitance of a breadboard will confuse you and waste a lot of your time.

I used a breadboard only one time. The circuit did not work. Then I built the circuit compactly on Veroboard and it worked perfectly. I never used a breadboard again.

All my Veroboard projects worked perfectly and were sold.

Are you from India?......because I am getting the impression that your education system really sucks!:D
I get about 30 personal messages a month demanding that I do their homework for them.
I wish they will ... never mind.

Some of the best engineers in the USA are from India. I have worked with a few and they were very sharp.

I have many textbooks authored by folks from India.
One example. Essential VHDL by Sundar Rajan.

Last edited:
hey, i found a circuit diagram.. it might useful.. btw the reason the using triac is it will stop when full charge compare to voltage regulator..
change the value of zener diode then will change the voltage of the ouput voltage to the battery..
btw i think germany engineer is better...:rolleyes:
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back