Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me with my Hypothesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salaki

I need help with my hypothesis for science-fair. My question that i'm doing about is : How can the wind produce energy? Please,help :D :D:p;) :D :p

Salaki said:
I need help with my hypothesis for science-fair. My question that i'm doing about is : How can the wind produce energy? Please,help :D :D:p;) :D :p

The wind can turn a blade connected to a generator.

Salaki said:
lol i don't think that's enough for a hypothesis

Then you need to be clear about what you want. Wind CONVERTING energy to electricity is not something that need to be hypothesized about. It is in fact true, and performed everyday. Are you looking for a hypothesis statement? Yeah strictly speaking, the wind does not PRODUCE energy. Energy can't be created / produced! You know that. The wind / turbine setup converts energy from one form (kinetic) to another (electrical)

Optikon said:
Then you need to be clear about what you want. Wind CONVERTING energy to electricity is not something that need to be hypothesized about. It is in fact true, and performed everyday. Are you looking for a hypothesis statement?

Yes i am i'm looking for a hypothesis statement

Salaki said:
Yes i am i'm looking for a hypothesis statement

Sorry, I didnt know you were a 6th grader! You ought to post this question in your other turbine thread.. what does a "hypothesis" statement have to do with electronics? Nothing. This is better posted on some homework help board.

Maybe I can help you figure this out for yourself.

In common usage in the 21st century, a hypothesis refers to a provisional idea whose merit needs evaluation

Take provisional to mean questionable.

In a science fair people most often build exhibits to demonstrate some idea that requires evaluation. What is your idea that needs evaluation?

If you do not have one you put the cart ahead of the horse.

But you still may be able to come up with one.

Does this help ?

hi,
Wind is Air, Air has Mass.
Wind is Air [Mass] moving at a given velocity.

webtext:
Newton's second law of motion can be formally stated as follows:

The acceleration of an object as produced by a net force is directly proportional to the magnitude of the net force, in the same direction as the net force, and inversely proportional to the mass of the object.

In terms of an equation, the net force is equated to the product of the mass times the acceleration.

Fnet = m * a

Wind is air in motion or air molecules with kinetic energy. The kinetic energy of the air can be converted into mechanical motion (still kinetic energy) which can turn a shaft/generator to convert the mechanical motion into electrical energy. The motion of the molecules can also generate some static electricity - a more direct conversion. This mechanical motion also results in friction which heats the air or objects in the airstream. The reverse is also possible in that air movement can result in a low pressure zone allowing expansion and accompanying that is cooling. The kinetic energy in wind can be converted to potential energy. The pressure of the velocity can pressurize a vessel - that's potential energy. If a generator charges a battery the energy in the battery is chemical/potential.

I only had a moment. I am not sure of exactly what you are after but offer this little bit to give you things to think about. I do hope it is of some help to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back