Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help Me!!!!!!! Urgent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

estebanhalo

ok i am seriously late because turning in the finl assignment for electronics. i need some serious help. first i need a good shocking circuit. then i need to know how it works. please help me out i tried to push myself toohard (because im stupid) and tried to build a motherboard out of some basic parts you would find at school...didn't work out to say the least and now im push for time to (1) find a new circuit, and (2) make the circuit, (find out what everthing does,(4) put circuit on a perfboard, and five write up a report on what everthing in the circuit does in te circuit+.. also with the circuits that i am hoping ya'll will e kind enough to post i would like to ask for a little diagram of how it would go on to the perfboard. like the lines and hole location etc that you find in kits on the bottom of the pc boards. thank you in advance

Steven,

ps do they send a link or notice to your email whenever your thread is updated?

Help

I think you will find people here very apathetic towards your cause.

hmmm...i think that these circuits will be umm. how do i put it. to dangerous. esp. if you knew some of the kids in my class...let's just say ive been stabbed twice in the hand with a plastic screwdriver. maybe something that almost like a shocking pen just not...i need to be able to actually touvh the leads, with out a serious risk to my health. just like a repetitive jolt sent up the arm or something like that so i guess if im reading correctly that i need a medium voltage to high voltage low current circuit that i can run off between .1-35 volts dc. if anyone can help i will still appreciate it.

look any coil can give you a shock from DC when disconnected the thing that kill you is the current not the voltage you limit the current you eliminate the danger. TV has 25kv but limited current 1 ma put the sane lead into your mouth and you are dead skin resistance protects you. one D cell can kill you break the skin to get to your blood [sodium ] metal rich and 2 amps can flow killing you there will not be any voltage involved the battery is dead short but will provide current to kill you 100ma thru your heart and you are dead. so know these things while you are young and remenberand pass along info. it only help

I wish I could write such a stunninly incoherent paragraph, like the one just above this post.

Papabravo said:
I wish I could write such a stunninly incoherent paragraph, like the one just above this post.
look any coil can give you a shock from DC when disconnected the thing that kill you is the current not the voltage you limit the current you eliminate the danger. TV has 25kv but limited current 1 ma put the sane lead into your mouth and you are dead skin resistance protects you. one D cell can kill you break the skin to get to your blood [sodium ] metal rich and 2 amps can flow killing you there will not be any voltage involved the battery is dead short but will provide current to kill you 100ma thru your heart and you are dead. so know these things while you are young and remenberand pass along info. it only help
I ran this through my grammar, spelling, and sentence structure checker. The result isn't perfect, but it's a hell of a lot better.

Look, any coil can give you a shock from DC when disconnected. The thing that kills you is the current, not the voltage. You limit the current, you eliminate the danger. TV has 25kv, but limited current of 1 mA. Put the sane(?) lead into your mouth and you are dead, but skin resistance protects you. One D cell can kill you. Break the skin to get to your blood [sodium ] (metal rich), and 2 amps can flow, killing you. There will not be any voltage involved. The battery is a dead short, but will provide current to kill you. 100mA thru your heart and you are dead. So know these things while you are young and remember and pass along info. It can only help.
Papabravo, I didn't do this for your benefit. I'm hoping that Neon will see the benefits of punctuation. On the other hand, maybe his first language isn't English, or he slept through his English class.

One D-cell isn't enough to kill you, even if you stuck needles through your skin and connected them to the battery terminals you wouldn't die.

its 6amps across the heart that will kill you!Or I think or its 0.6amps needed to kill can't remember any more being a electrican I've been hit with high voltage so many times now that it does not really matter or I can't remember? I know that first hand after working on some 347VAC lighting once and woke up in the hospital two days later and was told I was dead for couple of seconds! I beleave that the effects are dependent on how long the shock is and how much time the current spends going though the body for it to be deadly or just put you down on your ass!:confused:

Dr.Steel said:
its 6amps across the heart that will kill you!Or I think or its 0.6amps needed to kill can't remember any more being a electrican I've been hit with high voltage so many times now that it does not really matter or I can't remember? I know that first hand after working on some 347VAC lighting once and woke up in the hospital two days later and was told I was dead for couple of seconds! I beleave that the effects are dependent on how long the shock is and how much time the current spends going though the body for it to be deadly or just put you down on your ass!:confused:

that's a pretty big gap. also i have one circuit for a stungun that claims to put off 8 amps. i beleive this to be a typo but i would greatly appreciate if one of you more experienced electricians (or any1 with a program on their computer that could emulate the circuit and let them take messurments (that would be a nice program to have:)) could check and see if it is or come up with a way to lower the current. i would really appreciate this. p.s. thanks for all ya'lls help.

**broken link removed** that's the schem. im using also i heard to day that it was around 5 amps that the body could handle.:S im all confused help me pllz.

Last edited:
zap

6mA seems to be the range that sounds reasonable...after all, what current do you think your body works at? 6A? I kind of doubt its that high...

most likely 8 uA. there is no way that thing could output 1/4 MWatt (ok, 240KVA)

maybe you should consider moving to a different school and put aside high voltage until you are a bit further along in your studies.

no thanks i already have the hard part buit. all i hae leftis the whole capicitor diode etc. i just need two things and also don't worry about "painful shocks ive already had plenty of volts run through my body as have most the ppl in my class. anyway te two things i need to know are: will the current be to high for humans, and on the schem on the capacitors and diodes part (the right part) do ya'll think the capacitors are 103 or 102? also if anyone finds whomade the schematic please chew them out for making so many typos on a high voltage circuit. again i thank all of you in advance.

William At MyBlueRoom said:
The 103 = 0.01uf and the 102 = 0.001uf

no i mean on the right side the schem calls for a 1032 capacitor as you can tell that is a typo ol'well i will just try them both not to mention i have a certain kid who happened to of stabbed me twice taht i can try it out on...lol just messing im not that cruel...i built aother circuit to the bottom of his seat already jst a simplist shocker circuit. it ought to give him a surprise though...lmao.;P

One very important point to remember is that WE are (in an electrical sense) potentiometers. To prove my point, touch the two test probes connected to your DMM (set to ohmmeter mode), and you will see numbers changing as your pressure to the probes change.

Now check the voltage. anything under 10V is not likely to shock anyone, because the highest number of amperes that will go through your entire body, if you are unlucky is 100ma.

Just do voltage / resistance to get the actual current.

My point is, that you need a high enough voltage at the output of the circuit to make a reasonable shocker.

Why do you need a shocker?

mstechca said:
Why do you need a shocker?

ive stated why a couple of times in this thread. i am doing a project in class. and the whole purpose of this thread was to get one simple answer..."how much current can the human body take. unfortunitly no one has given a better answer than "either .5mA or 5A. that is all i need to know and i am know changing the name of the forum as to not have any1 else answer. by the way thank you for your answer...but my voltage is 30,000v or 30KV whichever you preferr. i am sorry but this forum is now closed...just i don't know how to close a forum so if you do the tell how in the mean time no more replys thank you. i don't mean to sound mad or pissed or like some of ya'll's wives...but i am already done and this formula will telll me the answer and google will fill in the blanks. thank you all.

estebanhalo said:
ive stated why a couple of times in this thread. i am doing a project in class. and the whole purpose of this thread was to get one simple answer..."how much current can the human body take. unfortunitly no one has given a better answer than "either .5mA or 5A. that is all i need to know and i am know changing the name of the forum as to not have any1 else answer. by the way thank you for your answer...but my voltage is 30,000v or 30KV whichever you preferr. i am sorry but this forum is now closed...just i don't know how to close a forum so if you do the tell how in the mean time no more replys thank you. i don't mean to sound mad or pissed or like some of ya'll's wives...but i am already done and this formula will telll me the answer and google will fill in the blanks. thank you all.

YOU can't close the thread, or change it's name, only moderators can do that!.

However, as has already been said, there isn't a clear answer to your question, it varies greatly on different individuals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back