Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me to repair my Creative Speaker 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

babupremkumar71

My CREATIVE 2.1(i dont know the model name exactly i think Creative 2.1-SB 250) speaker is suddenly stopped working, My two speakers are working fine but my sub woofer is not working,, please suggest a way to repair... My warranty period was over lastyear itself...:confused::confused:

Please guys help me...

Creative Is a Chinese company so their speakers use Chinese parts. The woofer's amplifier has failed or the woofer speaker has burned out.
You might not be able to buy the schematic, parts list or parts for it.

I opened the woofer

i opened the woofer, in that they covered the circuit board by a kind of wax or plastic,
so can't i remove the wax and check the components?
:confused:

Yes you can.

And i forgot to say that there is no supply of power for the Volume controller too..
i attached some shots of that wax covered board..

Help me to remove this wax kind substance pls..

Attachments

• DSCN0003.JPG
    DSCN0003.JPG
    798.3 KB · Views: 11,975
  • DSCN0005.JPG
    DSCN0005.JPG
    817.3 KB · Views: 9,125
  • DSCN0007.JPG
    DSCN0007.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 3,744
Thats not wax its hot glue, it just pulls off. It looks like the fuse may be blown have you cheaked it? Did you cheak the speaker?

(i dont know the model name exactly i think Creative 2.1-SB 250)
Its right on the plate amp of the sub, SBS 2.1 350.
Only worth $20 new. Like everything else from China its disposable.
Not even worth the bandwidth posting.

you can dismantle the woofer by pulling / destroying the front fascia. creative's subwoofer-to-amp cable are pretty short. as 4pyros mentioned, they are probably worth 20 bucks so you might want to just buy a new one.

I recently bought a 2.1 powered speaker system (two satellite speakers plus a sub-woofer) for only $25.00 on sale at a local store. It is rated at 150 Whats but I think it is really only 5.5 Watts to 7 Watts output. It can be very loud (1 meter away from me) and sounds great. It plays from 40Hz to 18kHz to my old ears.
I laughed at its tiny Chinese amplifier and power transformer when I looked inside. If it lasts a few months then I will be happy.

You have hijacked/resurrected an ancient thread. Better to start your own.

The 2.1 speaker system that I bought 2 years ago has an intermittent woofer.
Inside it has many connectors glued together that I might break apart then solder each wire.
The woofer is unusual because on the outside it has a 4.5" cone with a rubber surround. BUT it has no coil or magnet. It is a droan cone!
The actual woofer is hidden inside and is only 2.5" in diameter and has a huge magnet. Maybe its flexy wires are intermittent but I couldn't reach them.
When it worked this unusual woofer played fairly deep and loud bass.

I have a creative speakers model no MF1580 and it has 230v to 8v 250 mA transformer and I tested the transformer ,its not working so I'm not getting same rated transformer can I use 9v 250mA instead.

I fixed my intermittent woofer by re-soldering every solder joint on the amplifier pcb.

When your amplifier is powered from a higher voltage then its maximum current is also higher. If you do not play it at full blast all the time then the 9V "transformer" will be fine. See if it does not get hot.
A transformer has an AC output. A power supply usually has a DC output. Does the system need AC or DC?

If the power supply produced 8VDC at 250mA then the speakers get only about 1W maximum (each stereo speaker gets 0.5W) and about 1W heats the amplifier. Maybe the stereo speakers each get 0.25W and the woofer gets 0.5W.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back