Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help me to get the schematic right

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaku40620

Hi,i am new to pspice and multisim.can anyone help me to design the DOUBLE STABILIZED (±12V) POWER SUPPLY in pspice or multisim without using LM7812 or LM 7912 .If not can anybody supply me the schematic .can mail me at zakir_mohd2000@rediffmail.com

i have the specifications as
1. Power = 12V ± 0.1 V
2. Input : 120V, 60Hz
3. 2 Outputs with common ground :
4. Maximum current : 100mA
5. Noise and Ripple < 0.1% in 0-100KHz frequency range

Attachments

• circuit_530.jpg
    circuit_530.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 941
How does it matter if "I am dxxn good" ?? :D
I am dxxn good , even without getting "your schematic" right :!: :!:

And its working fine in several hundredsof thousands of places, without the 100KHz ripple :!:

can anyone help me to design...

May, if the title is corrected as a request.

Re: can anyone help me to get the schematic right

zaku40620 said:
can anyone help me to design the DOUBLE STABILIZED (±12V) POWER SUPPLY in pspice or multisim.If not can anybody supply me the schematic .can mail me at zakir_mohd2000@rediffmail.com

i have the specifications as
1. Power = 12V ± 0.1 V
2. Input : 120V, 60Hz
3. 2 Outputs with common ground :
4. Maximum current : 100mA
5. Noise and Ripple < 0.1% in 0-100KHz frequency range

You do not "design" in Pspice or multisim. You design it first with pencil & paper & calculations. You can then simulate it with your choice of software if you wish.

Nobody is going to do this work for you! If you want help, you should design it yourself and post any questions and/or problems you have. Quit trying to get a free lunch.

Good boy!! :D

1. You need a Transformer, 15-0-15 sec @ 1A.
2. 2 1N4007 diodes.
3. 1000ufd/35V cap.
4. LM7812 12V Regulator IC.
5. 1ufd tantalum (across the 7812 o/p pin to gnd.

This will give you the required specs. Some components are over-rated for safety.

docel said:
Good boy!! :D

1. You need a Transformer, 15-0-15 sec @ 1A.
2. 2 1N4007 diodes.
3. 1000ufd/35V cap.
4. LM7812 12V Regulator IC.
5. 1ufd tantalum (across the 7812 o/p pin to gnd.

This will give you the required specs. Some components are over-rated for safety.

This is not true. The LM7812 will not regulate to within +/- 0.1V (better than 1%) A more precision regulator is needed or make one from discretes.

:oops: Weeelll... missed that! :lol:

line/load regulation : 120mv @25 deg C.
output voltage drift: -1mV/degree C.
( Ref: SGS L7800 series)

Right, you missed the title... :lol:
I was wondering when zaku will notice.....

Zaku, it'll be better to add resistors of equal value, say 10K ohms in parallel with C1C2 and C3C4. Probably at the o/p of the Opamps too. They should equalise the potentials to zero at he center.

docel said:
How does it matter if "I am dxxn good" ?? :D
I am dxxn good , even without getting "your schematic" right :!: :!:

And its working fine in several hundredsof thousands of places, without the 100KHz ripple :!:

What does all that mean?!

That schematic that is posted is a poor design. The original poster keeps editing his first message which make the thread more confusing to anyon e reading it. You can't drive 100's of uF with opamps. It wont work. I suggest the original poster learn more about opamps & regulators before wasting time hacking things up in Multisim. This is very discouraging to see how this thing is progressing. I can't watch anymore LOL!

You need a voltage referance to make a stable voltage regulator which acts as a DC amplifier.

Here's and example.

EDIT:
To answer the origional question, "Help me get the schematic right" the answer is, you need to redesign it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back