Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help me to do pcb layout for the given schematic diagram...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lines

help me to do pcb layout for the given schematic diagram... thanks

Attachments

• PR5 Schematic.pdf
    19.2 KB · Views: 504
I am sure several of us, including myself, would be happy to help, but you do not give enough information to work on. Making the PCB requires knowing the components' physical sizes and often even the specific packages. Also need information about the display. Will it be board mounted or cable mounted? If board mounted, need dimensions, manufacturer's suggested pad layout, and pin spacing if the manufacturer doesn't give a suggested layout. Also need outside dimensions in the latter situation. Do you have the Eagle model for it? Do you want single sided or double sided?

John

At the very least, you need a BOM or bill of materials. Connectors if any should be included.

Then there is anything related to board layout such as mounting holes.

Single, double sided, plated thru holes or made at home have to be addressed. Surface mount? Stencil? How many boards?

Basically as John says, it is extremely incomplete.

Looks like you have used Altium for the schematic, what problem's are you having? Altium is very good at board layout's it has some really good features, like trace budge. Also there are some really good tutorials on you tube.
Laying out on Altium takes around 6 hours to get the hang off if you follow a couple of video's, the main reason's you have for not getting the net list to export to the pcb layout side, are incorrect saving, you have to save the project and schematic first.

The schematic is dated 2009. I suspect it is not the original work of member "lines."

John

Well spotted! I am on the notebook so the writing is tiny! forgot what i was saying then :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back