Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help me in this balun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willen

this is 75/300 ohm or 1:4 balun on Two-hole Ferrite core with twin wire. I want to make it 1:1 balun. Can anybody help me with schematic and details?

like this, using the existing balun, just changing the wiring to be a 1:1 transformer:

What impedance do you want, 75Ω or 300Ω?
Why do you want a 1:1 balun?

What impedance do you want, 75Ω or 300Ω?
Why do you want a 1:1 balun?

I want to connect unbalanced coax to balanced 75 ohm dipole for my 5 watt FM Tx.

Last edited:
like this, using the existing balun, just changing the wiring to be a 1:1 transformer:

Wow!!!! Amazing!

Does coiled coax balun work as same as this balun? How many turns and diameter is perfect for coax coiled balun? Do have any idea?

I want to connect unbalanced coax to balanced 75 ohm dipole for my 5 watt FM Tx.

you don't need a balun for that. just connect the center lead to one half of the dipole, and the shield to the other half of the dipole. baluns (even 1:1 baluns) will introduce losses. a dipole is "balanced" even if fed with coax. all you need to concern yourself with is making sure the dipole elements are 1/4 wavelength, and the total length is 1/2 wavelength. for 1/2 wave in meters the formula for a wire antenna is 143/f, and each element is 1/2 that length. so a wire dipole for 100Mhz would be 1.43 meters, and each of the two elements would be 71.5cm. (this takes into account the 95% velocity factor of wire)

Last edited:
you don't need a balun for that. just connect the center lead to one half of the dipole, and the shield to the other half of the dipole. baluns (even 1:1 baluns) will introduce losses. a dipole is "balanced" even if fed with coax. all you need to concern yourself with is making sure the dipole elements are 1/4 wavelength, and the total length is 1/2 wavelength. for 1/2 wave in meters the formula for a wire antenna is 143/f, and each element is 1/2 that length. so a wire dipole for 100Mhz would be 1.43 meters, and each of the two elements would be 71.5cm. (this takes into account the 95% velocity factor of wire)

-Then what is the purpose of 1:1 balun?
-Why it is unnecessary to use balun on my coax of dipole?
-I found on many places they are using coiled coax as a 1:1 balun on their FM Tx. Is it really 1:1 balun or that is just to block SWR of antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back