Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help me identify this connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

proboner

I have a touchscreen monitor that has a usb connection to connect to a computer. i originally had the assumption that perhaps the screen was powered by the usb cable, but when plugged in the computer will recognize the screen but the screen wont turn on. so i have come to the conclusion that the power wire is missing, and that this is the connector it plugs into. **broken link removed** i called the company that manufactures the screen and they quoted me $60 for a replacement cord! can anyone identify this connector and tell me what its called or where i can buy it? keep in mind this is automotive so its 12v. im pretty sure all it needs is a power and ground and thats it. maybe i can cut off the connector and connect a power and ground directly to the wires within? thanks

Hi,

if the plug's diamter is 9mm it's a MINI-DIN connector.

You should be able to purchase it at Digikey or Mouser.

Attached are images of male and female printable connectors. The female connector is also available with solder lugs.

Boncuk

Attachments

• MINI-DIN-8POLIG-ST..jpg
    MINI-DIN-8POLIG-ST..jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 242
  • MINI-DIN-8POLIG-EBB&.jpg
    MINI-DIN-8POLIG-EBB&.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 254
It's not a standard mini din.

If you look closely at the OP's photo the Middle pin is in fact off centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back