Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me identify this connector on a gps receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaKandEKid

I have a Pharos i360 GPS receiver. As you can see from the photo there are two parts. One is a gps receiver and the other is a serial to cf converter.

I'd like to insert a small circuit in between these two modules. Therefore, i need to find mating connectors.

Find connectors is hard to do. I've checked digikey, ittcannon, and samtec for a connector which would do the trick with no luck. Digikey may have a connector but i was unable to find it.

If anyone has any suggestions to keywords or could define better the type of connector it is i'm looking for that'd be helpful.

About the picture:
The unit on the left is the GPS Receiver. You can see there are 6 pads on the pcb that the contacts on the module on the left press up against. The gold contacts on the module have a spring action to them such that they can be pressed down.

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Yeh -- because they are two-sided card edge connectors meant to be mounted in place and to support the card as well. In the case of your GPS equipment, the connector is single-sided, and the "card" is held into the connecotr by virtue of its assembly into the receiver and the fact that the convertor has a retainer to hold the receiver in place against the connector contacts.

If you look carefully at the photo that you posted of the card-edge connector body, you will see that it is essentially the same. Along each side of the connector body is a row of spring-loaded double contacts that will mate with the pads on the card edge. Two-sided card-edge connector means two parallel rows of mating contacts...

**broken link removed** is a datasheet for one manufacturer's offering of card-edge connectors. As can be readily seen, this company offers single-row connectors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back