Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me identify this capacitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxiice

This comes from a cars ECU.
I want to replase it with something with the same specs, Is it just to find a capasitor with 0.1 µF ?

And where is a good place to get one on the web?
Thanks for all help.
capasitor..JPG

100nF
63V
Polypropylene.

Polypropylene has the advantage of being self healing which means that if the voltage limit is exceeded and there's an arc-over, the capacitor will not be destroyed completely, the capacitance will just drop a bit and the leakage current might increase a bit.

I don't know whether polypropylene is a requirement because I haven't seen the schematic but it's a good idea to replace like with like. Of course you can use a higher voltage rating, the higher the better.

Polypropylene has the advantage of being self healing which means that if the voltage limit is exceeded and there's an arc-over, the capacitor will not be destroyed completely, the capacitance will just drop a bit and the leakage current might increase a bit.

I don't know whether polypropylene is a requirement because I haven't seen the schematic but it's a good idea to replace like with like. Of course you can use a higher voltage rating, the higher the better.

Ok Thanks for explaning and helping me
I have also found a polyester capacitor with a 100v rating, I dont have schematic eighter, but how much volt can there be in a car control module,

Is ther realy no good webpages that can have a capacitor for me?
Thanks.

Polyester will be self-healing too so it's a good choice.

There are lots of web pages about capacitors. Do you want to know were you can buy one?

There are lots of online stores which sll 100V polyester capacitors.

Have you checked the distance between the pins to make sure it will fit the PCB?

Ok Thanks for the help Hero999, i went for som polyester capacitors, same manufactor as the old one but 250 volt, But you said higher volt was no problem.
So once again, thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back