Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me identify this box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well its obviously a transceiver system, maybe a repeater. The only physical connection to the outside world is the cable for the mains power supply.
How long approx are the 3 antennas? That would give a hint to the freq of operation

Without any more info we would all be just guessing
Are there any labels or other markings on the unit that you could zoom in to photograph

Maybe there's someone on here that actually worked with them

Dave

Last edited:
I was wondering if it was a cell phone tap of somekind. We have a drug dealer in our apartment complex and I know the police have been watching the place. There are no identification marks on it that I can see. What is a transceiver? The antennas are about 12" long. If you click on the picture it will enlarge it so you can see it up close.

Last edited:
It looks like a UHF repeater. The dual antennas on the bottom suggest the possibility of full duplex or a diversity system. What's in the area that could be feeding into it; a fixed transmitter (telemetry, SCADA, surveillance), mobile or portable transceivers or what?

No markings?! "6095 Waukesha" looks like a marking to me.

Last edited:
Possibly, but not likely. With a warrant, the police can monitor cell activity via the cell network operator without placing their own equipment in the field. The antenna length is better suited to lower frequencies used by utilities. The power feed installation doesn't look too permanent.

I just had another thought. It could be a telemetry transceiver for smart meters if your electric utility has installed those in the area.

Last edited:
Well I know the police have someone who is doing the drug purchases and wonder if maybe a bug was planted in the apartment and the box is picking up the signal from the bug?

The 6095 may be the +4 part of the zip code and Wakusia(sp) is in Wisconsin.

Guess. Utility repeater for a smart meter. e.g getting the data to the utility.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back