Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me for making simple FM or AM receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiputipu0051

Hi guys...please see the following links and tell me about this video is this fake or not:

Now i have tried several times by putting exactly same components like in this videos, but i couldnt hear a single sound... i want to make a simple fm receiver.

please help me with the following circuits..just explain how the simple radio is working...i can only see one transistor , one capacitor and few resistors...if you can understand this videos please send me simple schematic of the following circuit......

1. YouTube - Mystery reggen - simple(st) FM receiver? (FM)
2. YouTube - Simple VHF/FM receiver (FM)
3. YouTube - Electronics I Lab AM Receiver Project (AM)
4. YouTube - AM receiver using transistors
also please tell me what is a tank coil or circuit and feedback coil......i mean i have made a simple resonant circuit by putting variable capacitor and a inductor in series... and then i made another coil that can grab info...(i mean mutal inductance) then im trying to amplify the sound from that second induced coil...is that how it works...also when the circuit is ok then is it necessary that the radio makes buzzing sound? i have many transistors for audio amplify...i can use 10 transistors but i dont know how.....please help me in this....
please explain it in simple words, i dont wana waste my time on searching web anymore...

Google around for "super regenerative receiver". This one looks useful.

My first VHF transceiver was a **broken link removed**, a tube super-regen receiver and 2W AM transmitter. My recollection is that super-regens do not demodulate FM very well but they do well on AM.

Last edited:
The Single Chip FM Radio uses the TDA7000 IC that is obsolete. Its replacement is the TDA7088 that is surface mount in a tiny case and it tunes by scanning. The Dollar Store sells an FM "radio" with it for only $1.00. Its performance and distortion are horrible. Strong local stations cause overloading.

The Single Chip FM Radio uses the TDA7000 IC that is obsolete. Its replacement is the TDA7088 that is surface mount in a tiny case and it tunes by scanning. The Dollar Store sells an FM "radio" with it for only $1.00. Its performance and distortion are horrible. Strong local stations cause overloading.

It doesn't come with AGC?

the input of the TDA7000 is not tuned so more than one strong local station overloads it.

It is the oddest FM radio ever made. Its IF is not 10.7MHz, it is only 70kHz. Its IF is not tuned with LC circuit or crystal filters, it is tuned with an opamp and RC filters.

the input of the TDA7000 is not tuned so more than one strong local station overloads it.

It is the oddest FM radio ever made. Its IF is not 10.7MHz, it is only 70kHz. Its IF is not tuned with LC circuit or crystal filters, it is tuned with an opamp and RC filters.

Yeah all these examples he's using are super regenerative type receivers. They can get away with that because the local broadcast stations are so strong it doesn't take much. In order to correct the over loading he either needs to manually attenuate the signal or apply some form of AGC. I don't think he is too concerned with a high quality signal so mach as just being above to receive them. There were some cool projects in his YouTube videos. One guy was using a single 2N3904 to receive the signal and an audio chip.

Take a look at this page. It has a single transistor FM radio receiver with schematic. It has a little ear piece, probably high impedance so if you don't have one you could use like a LM386 and drive a speaker or a better set of head phones:

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back