Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me for creating one tuch relay on and one tuch rely off

Status
Not open for further replies.

pollainfo

Hi guys I need your help, I don't know how to create a simple circuit for one tuch turn my AC 220V light on and one tuch off the light.
with my regards

Why not just buy one?

The simple way would be to use a 18m2 Picaxe chip as these come with the option of using "touch" sensors within the program commands. (up to 10 sensors)

You would also need a transistor driving a relay to do the AC switching, other than that a 5 volt supply for the picaxe is all that would be needed.

The touch sensor can be any metal plate you can attach a wire to, and the plate needs a plastic insulator coating over it, or a good coat of clear enemal would work too.

The touch sensitivity and reaction time can be set in program to suit the application.

Even the simple 10f204 has a capacitive touch pin in it.

Well.. I guess it isn't SIMPLE... but for a 6pin device compared to 40+pin devices..

Anyway, you can set it up with a few lines of code... Under 10..

A touch on the plate would cause a pin to go high (5v) This pin will be connected to a 240vAC rated RELAY with a 5v coil. The light cord would be connected to this relay, and would be POWERED ON by this action.

Another touch would switch the same pin low (0v) This will cause the RELAY to unlatch. Turning off the light.

This is probably about as simple as you are going to get. It uses a 555 timer wired in monostable (one-shot) mode, so as to give a pulse when the touch plate is touched, and a 7474 to toggle power to the relay on and off.

555-7474_Touch_On-Off.png

R1 (variable resistor) can be replaced with a 10K fixed resistor. R2 is 4.7K. Also, be sure to connect positive and negative of the 7474 (not shown in the schematic). Pin 14 is positive 5v, pin 7 is ground.
The only real problem that I can think of is that the relay will be on for a significant amount of time, which means the circuit would use a fair amount of power. You may want to find some sort of "plug-in" DC adapter so you don't drain batteries, and then regulate it to 5 volts (a 7805 regulator would do this fine). I hope this helps!
Der Strom

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back