Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help making one (-) signal into two (-)pulse signals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

haikuality

I've hooked up power door locks to my truck and now I need to make that communicate and respond to my alarm system.

The door locks control module requires two (-) signals as you can see from the diagram. One locks the car and one unlocks it.

Now... I only have one control signal that comes from my alarm system. It is always grounded (-) when it is disarmed (unlocked) and when the alarm is armed (locked) that same wire ceases to have the ground signal.

So... My question for all the wiring gurus is what would be the simplest way to give myself two (-) pulse signals to drive the door lock module based off of that one signal from the alarm that is either always grounded(-) or always open.

A relay? a simple circuit?

Ideally something that isn't always drawing and kills my battery.

Thanks in advance for the help!!

Attachments

• IMG_2259.JPG
    IMG_2259.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 143
  • IMG_2260.JPG
    IMG_2260.JPG
    977.8 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
310-relay_diagram.gif

How about something like this where #30 is hooked up to ground and can be the feed for the two signals.

Then hook up the coil to a constant (+) and use the single negative signal from the alarm to trigger the relay and switch the ground signal to the door locks.

Quick question...... if the relay coil was energized overnight would it drain my battery? or how much does it draw?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back