Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help locating NJU7505 spectrum analyzer IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

agent420

Looking for source on **broken link removed** audio spectrum analyzer chip. There is also a 7/14 band NJU7507 version that would equally suffice.

This small 8 pin dip makes it so rediculusly easy to create spectrum analyzer display's, I can't believe they're this hard to find.

I'll bet these are what's inside the older cheap Radio Shack (and other no-name brand) graphic EQ + display boxes.

Last edited:
agent420 said:
This small 8 pin dip makes it so rediculusly easy to create spectrum analyzer display's, I can't believe they're this hard to find.

Why not?, it's a very tiny market - such chips only have short lifes and production runs - not like an opamp that can be used for myriad purposes.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Why not?, it's a very tiny market - such chips only have short lifes and production runs - not like an opamp that can be used for myriad purposes.
I was hoping that since chips like the LM3915/16 have been around so long, and the popularity of audio projects, that surplus places like ALL or hobbiest stores would have some stock... It seems there are plenty in inventories, as the only hits I get are those international chip locators (showing 1000's available), but unfortunately that doesn't do much good for small quantities.

I'm guessing that outside of Japan there are no(zero) manufacturers of products that would use this chip. Thus there is no incentive to distribute the chip outside a fairly small circle of OEM providers. Too bad for us hobbyists. Heavy sighhhhh.....

Papabravo said:
I'm guessing that outside of Japan there are no(zero) manufacturers of products that would use this chip. Thus there is no incentive to distribute the chip outside a fairly small circle of OEM providers. Too bad for us hobbyists. Heavy sighhhhh.....
Yeah, that's probably true. Couldn't hurt to post a request here though :)

I'm thinking of a work-around using the **broken link removed** pin programmable bandpass filter, which is more obtainable. Seems I could get similar results, though it's probably a bit overkill for a simple display project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back