Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HELP: LED stay on for 10 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

un_seen

Hello all i am a newcomer and need some help. :)

I am building a circuit and i need help with something.

I am having a small problem with part of my circuit. I am trying to have a push button turn on an LED but once pushed the LED will stay ON for 10 seconds. If the button is pushed again or multiple time the LED will still stay on for 10 seconds from last time pushed. Also if you hold the button down the LED will stay ON untill it is released and 10 seconds passes.

Can anybody tell me how this can be done I am pretty frustrated over this little problem :?
It is probably fairly easy but i am having some problems..

Thank you!

un_seen

Hi there unseen.

The two simplest ways are to do it with a 555 timer IC, or do it discreetly with a transistor, resistor, capacitor, LED, and a pushbutton.

A 555 would be simpler and easier, but if you want to learn anything, do it discreetly.

On that 555 circuit, the timer won't stay on for 10 seconds from last time pushed, unless you use a 2nd pole on the switch to discharge the capacitor or to pull pin 4 low. :lol:

apart from the RC solution that i imediatly thought of to and maintain is best if u want a more direct cut out rather than fade and playing aroud with the RC vaues till u get it right u could use a comparator that is easier than th damn 555 just have on one input the RC and on the other from the input to ground say a 2 K resistor and from input to VCC a 1 K in this way after the time RC when the charge of C is 66.666...% of VCC (like the other input with the 2 Rs) your light will go out or com on for that mttetr if u revese the inputs. can adust the time with a pot on the RC system. :idea: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back