Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help interfacing sensors with altera dev. kit nios II cyclone II

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthew.m

Hey guys,
Im new to embedded systems design and just need soe direction on what to do.

What i wanna do is connect and interface sensors to the nios II microprocessor. These sensors include ; temperature sensor, hygrometer , rain gauge , solar radiation , humidity and wind spped/direction (anonemeter) .. These sensors then produce data to be sent to a remote PC

What i know so far is lets say a TM temperature sensor producing an Analog V signal ,this signal then is conditioned which in turn will have to provide input to an AD converter. The ADcon then provides an input for the FPGA.

The ADC i am looking at using is ADC 0808 , temp sensor TM-35

What i'm not getting a hang of is how to interface the sensors with the microprocessor and the technique , the use of interrupts , data memory storage , reading and writing, and its communication to the PC for user interface. SO basically collecting the data and sending it to a PC and software in C on how to do this is the next step.

Can anyone help me out in detail so i can see the big picture? really am lost in this and definitely need help in detail.

regards
M

Hi,

Well thats one great looking development board, but think you have to accept that its aimed at the professional market and not the hobbyist.

Is it part of a University course or have you bought it for hobby use ?

This forum normally follows the Pic and Atmel micros so you will be unlikely to get much help on that board unless someone just happens to use it at work.

Looks like Altera have an active forum that should help you out...

He don't need to send data to a pc He has one in his hand LOL the nios II cyclone II It's more like a little pc video controller DMA DDR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back