Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help in Timer !

Status
Not open for further replies.

yusuf

Friends Hello !

Friends , I was willing to make a accurate timer to switch on/off LED at set intervals.
I have also used cd4060 timer but it was not accurate as this alarm clock...

So, I have made this circuit successfully by using traditional analogue alarm clock.

I just set alarm time on my alarm clock, and as the time is reached the bistable is set and the output is high , hence led glows.

Herewith I a have attached my circuit which sense the signal from alarm clock beeper and set the bistable..

this circuit is working properly.
But the problem is :
As I set the alarm time to : 2
The alarm clock beeps 2 times in 24hrs (Evening and night).
So , the led also glow two times in 24hr..

I want to turn on led only time...

So , please suggest any idea , circuit or etc...

Thanks in advance friends..

Yes aljamri..
If proper circuit or code give then I can make it

If your bistable circuit is indicating every 12 hours now, then divide by 4. Two bi-stables in series. The first changes every 12 hours (as you have now) and the second changes every 24 hour (as you want).

Ken

Last edited:
Thanks KMoffett !
Can we use 4017 decade counter..
If yes , then how..
because I am intermediate in electronics ..

So you want an LED to be "on" for how long?

Ken

just wait , I'll be writing complete description of my project and posting very soon....

Last edited:
Hi guys,
I have written the complete description of my project in attachment..
So please download and have a look...
Zoom the image for better understanding...

waiting for your help soon..

thanks in advance...

OK. It also helps if we know the overall goal of the project. What is the purpose of all this?

Ken

OK. It also helps if we know the overall goal of the project. What is the purpose of all this?

Ken
I just got an Idea and I want to do it practically, so that while doing this I can learn new concept , and in future It will be useful to me...

Hello guys ,

I have uploaded a second attachment in which I have written many points of view.

I hope by having a look on my attachment , one can help me to figure out the connections..

How do I connect this all circuits to work properly..

Thanks in advance...

Than use that with an AND gate to make the light light eather AM or PM.

Hello guys,
I have found a circuit diagram which work similar to my project..

But here , the circuit uses LDR to count the days...

I want to replace this LDR with My alarm clock to count the days in this circuit...

My alarm has AM and PM capabilities...

So, what modification I'll have to do in this circuit to accomplish my task.

Description with Circuit diagram is below :
===============================================================

This circuit reminds you of all the important tasks that are due on a specific day every week. So be it returning your library book, switching on your favorite TV programme, putting the dustbin out or cleaning the car, it automatically flashes an LED that very day to alert you of something to be done. The LED keeps flashing until you press the reset button. The circuit consumes very little power.

The circuit can count the days. The rising of the Sun is detected by a light-dependent resistor (LDR1). When the sun rises, the ambient light level reduces the resistance of LDR1. The voltage level at pin 13 of gate N4 goes low. Since the other input (pin 12) of gate N4 is high, its output also goes high. This is inverted by gate N10 whose output goes low to make counter IC3 advance by one count. This way each day is counted. Similarly, the counter advances by one every morning until it counts seven days.

In the morning of the seventh day, all the inputs of gate N9 become high, making its output low. The low output of gate N9 is inverted by gate N11 to trigger the pulse generator built around gates N5 and N7, and it produces a short-duration pulse to trigger the flip-flop built around gates N6 and N8. As a result, the output of the flip-flop goes high to enable the astable multivibrator built around gate N3. The astable multivibrator produces 2Hz frequency to flash LED1 as a reminder. LED1 flashes until you press reset switch S2 momentarily.

When the enable input (pin 8) of gate N3 is low, the output of the astable multivibrator remains high. Gate N2 inverts this high level into low and the transistor does not conduct. So LED1 doesn't flash when the astable multivibrator is disabled. Counter IC3 also resets when the pulse generator triggers because its reset pin 11 is connected to the output of gate N11.

When the counter IC3 resets, its output becomes low and it's ready to begin day counting for the next week.

Suppose you require a reminder for four days. Then first cover the sensor and press incrementswitcS1 thrice momentarily and leave it. Now your reminder (flashing of LED1) starts after four days.Assemble the circuit on a general-purpose PCB and enclose in a suitable cabinet. After assembling the circuit, proper setting is required. First of all, switch on the power. LED1 flashes. Press switch S2 to stop it from flashing. Cover LDR1 and press S1 several times until LED1 flashes again. The counter is now set at a count of 0 and is ready to start weekdays counting. Press S2 to stop flashing.

Do not uncover the sensor immediately after pressing S2. Else, the counter will register arrival of the next day and LED1 will flash after six days. To make it flash weekly on a particular day, keep the LDR1 in dark until night.

=================================================================

Guys , I have posted all the resources but I didn't get any help from you guys..

Please help...
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back