Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help in selecting the right microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobz

Im building a home security system with the following requirements and i need help in selecting the right microcontroller:

-remote access/administration via Internet

- sending alerts: via Internet (on-screen pop-up), SMS (Internet), GSM (stand-alone)

- snap-shooting/recording/streaming the “crime scene”

- keyless entry (fingerprint/eye reader)

- various sensors compatibility, including wireless ones

- outputs to control various devices (ex.: drain pump, fire extinguisher)

Any input will be appreciated:
Thanks in advance

There have been plenty of threads started recently regarding security systems, home security, fire alarms and the like. Use the search engine on the forum and you may find some useful info.

actually, your first 3 requirements are going to push you in different directions. The threads mentioned are more about your other requirements (the easy ones). I suggest you look into some sort of Linux based system as that would get you going on 1-3 with out having to reinvent a lot of wheels. I would consider a low end miniITX based one but there are plenty of possible choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back