Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help in multisim

Status
Not open for further replies.

meme_19871987

hello every buddy I'm gonna to built an fm transmitter by multisim program but I'm beginner with this software and can't find how to insert an '' electret mic '' plz help me how to find it in the multisim program ...and I'm sorry about my English

Take the Electret mic you intend to use. Connect a battery (9V?) and a resistor for bias as shown on the mic's data sheet. Connect it to an oscilloscope. Place it so that it is at the distance from your mouth how you intend to use it (close-talking hand/boom-mic vs ambient room sound pickup). Note the mV output level across the bias resistor.

Now put a 1000Hz AC voltage source into your Sim with the same peak-to-peak amplitude as you measured on the O'scope.

Eng . mikeMI : really thax but i can't find this mic in the component of multisim ...where can i find it if you know pleas help me ??
really thank you ..God bliss you

There is no microphone component because it can be represented by an AC source as Mike ML suggested. You don't expect to talk to the simulation and have it respond, do you?

Eng . mikeMI : really thax but i can't find this mic in the component of multisim ...
Read my post again! It is not possible to make a meaningful model that covers all potential uses for a microphone. You create the model after you know the sound level that the microphone responds to.

Last edited:
Read my post again! It is not possible to make a meaningful model that covers all potential uses for a microphone. You create the model after you know the sound level that the microphone responds to.

my friend ..i see thank you very much.....
thxx all 4 help ..

If you whisper up close to an electret mic then its output is 1 or 2 mV.
If you talk at a distance of about 10cm then its output is about 10mV.
If you scream at a distance of 10cm then its output might be 100mV.
So use a signal generator in your sim program to replace the electret mic.

If you whisper up close to an electret mic then its output is 1 or 2 mV.
If you talk at a distance of about 10cm then its output is about 10mV.
If you scream at a distance of 10cm then its output might be 100mV.
So use a signal generator in your sim program to replace the electret mic.

very good idea ...thxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back