Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help in identifying component in laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

kastanho

Hi guys

I have a laptop that is working but it is not charging the battery, because it seems that my wife reversed the polarity of the transformer of the laptop.

I searched and googled a lot but cannot find any component like this or it's equivalent.

The laptop is an Asus A7CC

Can you guys help me ?

here goes a picture

[View attachment 66229

Last edited:
Don't blame your wife. Reversing the polarity of a transformer is something the mains voltage does all the time :).
If you can't find out the identity of the transistor (which is what it looks like) perhaps you could make an intelligent guess as to its power/voltage rating and terminations and substitute an 'as good if not better than' alternative.

Last edited:
That is a SOT-89 package.

The one I found online uses a marking of 8C, which means it is a NJM78L05A. Not sure if that is it, but I think it is.

Here is what I used.

-Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back