Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help in finding transformers

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrocub

I found an article about a charging circuit that reduces a 18 volt/10 amp transformer into 13.8 volts. I can modify this circuit for 14.4 volts/10 amps. What I need help with is finding a cheap transformer. The transformer mentioned in the article is $67 from a leading electronics vendor. Do any of you have sources for cheaper transformers or know of electronic devices that would use this transformer that I could pull one out of?

Thanks

Surplus stores, such as Allelectronics

Unfortunately, the price of copper scrap has dried up the availability of cheap trannies...

I might be inclined to look for a **broken link removed**, and then modify it to charge the battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back