Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help in CRT monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badar

Hi all.
I am wondering if someone could tell me the reason why this happened.
Due to load shading I got a problem in my CRT monitor i.e. HP ERGO1600 model 21".It worked fine before load shading but now the colors of the screen suddenly change and at sometimes horizontal lines appear on the screen.At the other time the colors become normal.(all this happen in a few second and this cycle conitinues,)I've checked my VGA cable but it is fine.
Now can somebody guess from the above data what could be the possible faults and how they can be checked or removed?If it is not possible to tell the troubleshooting, at least can somebody tell me the possible faults so that i may google it.
It may seem ridiculus but i want to repair it myself (as i am a beginner in electronics).

sorry.
This is electric power failure (without any notice from the company).
And one more thing i've done degaussing too a lot of time with breif intervals of time but invain.

you see here is a big crysis of electrical power these days in Pakistan.
It is frequent electrical power failures in a day for a period of at least half an hour.

I know of this behavior of HP monitors and in particular a 14" monitor supplied along with HP Pavilion 6615 model in Bombay (Mumbai) in India (purchased during 2001). perhaps next week it will come to me for service, Badar can hope to wait till i get the piece.

mvs sarma said:
I know of this behavior of HP monitors and in particular a 14" monitor supplied along with HP Pavilion 6615 model in Bombay (Mumbai) in India (purchased during 2001). perhaps next week it will come to me for service, Badar can hope to wait till i get the piece.
Thanks mvs sarma.I'll be waiting for your post or PM.I think this is very common problem in CRT monitors or at least some of my fellows have this problem with there CRT.I really don't care if i learn to troubleshoot this problem even on the cost of blowing up my monitor.

BE Careful

Badar said:
Thanks mvs sarma.I'll be waiting for your post or PM.I think this is very common problem in CRT monitors or at least some of my fellows have this problem with there CRT.I really don't care if i learn to troubleshoot this problem even on the cost of blowing up my monitor.

Be careful, " if you really a beginner in electronics ", DON'T EVER touch ANODE CAP (CRT TUBE) high voltage might Present, Even It was Unplug. :eek:

Last edited:
yup.I'll take care of it.Once I happened to go to an electronics repair shop where the electritian was repairing a monitor.He told me that the picture tube of it has been blown off and the Voltage of this plate or place (I don't know what was that) had 6000V.It seemed ridiculus but i'll keep ur advice in mind.Thanks a lot.

Badar said:
yup.I'll take care of it.Once I happened to go to an electronics repair shop where the electritian was repairing a monitor.He told me that the picture tube of it has been blown off and the Voltage of this plate or place (I don't know what was that) had 6000V.It seemed ridiculus but i'll keep ur advice in mind.Thanks a lot.

In color monitors , the said voltage is even MORE. CAUTION is needed. this voltagw won't discharge even after idling few days.

Badar said:

A colour CRT is usually 25,000V, with some larger sizes more than that.

However, it's only very low current - so the shock shouldn't kill you? - but you may die anyway, from a broken neck or by being thrown out a window or something.

6kV actually sounds quite low unless it's a really small monitor, I would be expecting about 20kV sound more likely.

Nigel Goodwin said:
It wasn't 6KV on the final anode than, but possibly about that on the focus anode?.
I was a kid at that time:D and he just pointed somewhere may be near picture tube and told me that this place had over 6KV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back