Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help identifying resistor markings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I believe these to be resistors but ive never seen any before marked like this. They do not have the usual color bands but have a set of numbers and letters. The particular ones im looking at say:

KOA
RN55C
1003FJ

Reads 101 KOhms

and the others say

RN55C
1003FJ
T2-55
440TRW

Reads 100 KOhms

I would like to know if anyone has ever seen this before, and if they can tell me what this scheme is called and where i can learn more about it or, if it is easier, just tell me what each line is "saying". I would also like to know maybe if these are of a particular composition and the reason for listing the numbers this way.

I appreciate any help.

Here are some photos to help:

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

that is possible, i was told they were resistors, but that was from someone that knows less than me. That's not not saying much though since I'm fairly new to the world of circuits. I hadn't thought of them being inductors because of their resistor like packaging, and all the inductors I've seen don't look like these. Although it would explain the different markings.

Those are mil spec. resistors, I think rn55 is 1/4 watt and rn60 is 1/2 watt.
The last number(the 3) is the multiplier, so it reads 100,000 ohms or 100K.
It's been about 40 years since seeing those.

Edit, 55c is 1/8 watt metal film

Last edited:
That was it. Thanks very much. Now i dont have to measure all of these to find out what they are. Im glad i didnt buy a ton of inductors that i have no use for lol Again thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back