Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help identifying old capacitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rally

Hello,

I'm trying to identify an old capacitor from a 1970's combo organ made in italy by the GEM music corp.

The markings appear to read FZ 75 though upon close inspection there is a bit of space between the 7 and 5 and I feel like I see a faint mark that might be a decimal point? As in 7.5.

It was on the power supply and has badly corroded. Though it looks white, it has a pinkish hue to it telling me it may have been red or possibly orange in color.

I've included an image. Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• cap.JPG
    cap.JPG
    419.6 KB · Views: 184
Maybe a silvered mica cap. Can you give us some approx dimensions?

that's what used to be called a "Sandohm" an early version of ceramic wirewound resistor. 7.5 ohms is the value. (Sandohm was actually a brand name, but it stuck as a generic term)

What use for it?

What was the actual use?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back